- No MSG | Gluten Free | 100% Berkshire Pork
- Produced in Des Moines by Berkwood Farms.
- 12 oz
- Shipping is not available for items that require refrigeration.
- Berkwood Farms
Our uncured, 100% Berkshire Old Fashioned Franks are fully cooked, uncured with no added nitrates except those naturally occurring in celery salt. The coarse grind and natural casings on our franks give them a unique texture and a crisp bite. These classic franks can be boiled, steamed, or slow-cooked, but taste best when grilled!
- Made from 100% Berkwood Farms Berkshire pork
- 4 fully cooked, naturally cased old fashioned franks
- Uncured (No added nitrites/nitrates, except those naturally occurring in celery salt)
- Naturally slow-smoked over applewood to enhance the flavor
- No MSGs, artificial ingredients or preservatives. Gluten-free
- No added hormones or growth promotants used, EVER
- Product is made in small batches at a small family-owned Iowa smokehouse
- Shelf life is 75 days if kept below 40 degrees and 2 years if kept below zero
- After opening the package, serve within 7-10 days
- Boil, Steam or grill on low indirect heat for best results; do not use direct heat or frank may burn
Berkwood Farms is a coalition of over 60 independent family farmers. We have strived to reach excellence, by never sacrificing quality. Through this philosophy we have come to be one of the largest American suppliers of 100% certified pure heirloom Berkshire pork, and the only farmer-owned company with national distribution.
The heart and soul of Berkwood Farms is our farmers. Many of our farmers are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and in some cases the 5th generation of their family to be engaged in animal husbandry. All of our farmers have committed themselves to a strict code of responsible and humane animal husbandry. They each take pride in the product they produce, and work hard to ensure their animals are raised in a healthy, humane, and environmentally friendly manner. Tradition is never forgotten at Berkwood Farms. We walk humbly in the footsteps of those who have come before us and work together to build a brighter and a more sustaining future.
As a farmer-owned company, we take the time to personally guarantee customer satisfaction by hand inspecting each of our products. We are committed to producing the highest quality Berkshire pork, and strive each day to find new and more advanced technology as well as investing in further research to reach this lofty goal.
Berkwood Farms has grown from the dream to provide the best tasting pork for local restaurants, to a company that sells product nationwide to America's top chef-owned restaurants and national grocery stores. To stand out among the crowd you have to be better. All of us at Berkwood Farms care about the food we enjoy at our favorite restaurants or around the dinner table at home. We know that the quality and taste of our product is unmatched anywhere. We believe it stands as a testament to our hard work that we not only bring you the best tasting pork around, but also that the profitability and sustainability of our farm families is ensured and continuously maintained.